1. About us
At West Wales School of Motoring of Alltgudd Fawr, Cwm Cou, Newcastle Emlyn, Ceredigion, SA38 9PH we are committed to protecting your personal information.
This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, store and use your personal information. We are the data controller of your personal information, which means information that is about you or from which we can identify you.
If you have any queries about this Privacy Notice or wish to exercise any of the rights mentioned in it, please contact Eddie Osei, either in writing at Alltgudd Fawr, Cwm Cou, Newcastle Emlyn, Ceredigion, SA38 9PH or via email at Osei2009@btinternet.com
2. What personal information do we collect?
We collect the following information in connection with all of our services:
- Your title, full name, your contact details, including for instance your email address, home and mobile telephone numbers
- Your home address
- Your date of birth and/or age
- Records of how you have contacted us
3. Why do we need to collect your personal data?
We use personal information about you in the following ways:
- To manage and administer your online booking of our driving courses
- To consider and assess your application to attend one of our driving courses
- To provide our driving courses to you
- To arrange driving course accommodation
- To provide you with information that you ask us for and notify you about changes to our services
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that we think you may be interested in
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To keep our website safe and secure
4. Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
If you do not provide us with the personal information we need, we may be unable to provide you with our products and services or to process your application. Your personal information is required before you can enter into a contract with us, or it is required during the life of that contract, or it is required by laws that apply to us.
5. Where do we collect your personal information from?
We will generally collect your personal information directly from you (for instance, when you complete our online enquiry form or book a course via the telephone).
6. Keeping in contact with you
We may use your home address, phone numbers and email address to provide you with important information about the service that we provide.
7. What are our legal grounds for collecting and using your personal data?
We are required, under data protection legislation, to explain our legal grounds for processing your personal information.
The legal grounds that are relevant to us are:
- Processing which is necessary to perform our contract with you or for taking steps prior to entering into it. We use this ground for:
a) Administering and managing your booking for one of our driving courses
b) Providing you with our driving courses
c) Sharing your personal information with selected accommodation providers
- Processing which is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. We use this ground for:
a) Compliance with laws that apply to us
b) Notifying you about any changes to our terms or our Privacy Notice
c) Communicating with you in response to any query, request or complaint you may have
d) To deal with requests from you to exercise your rights under data protection laws
- Processing which is necessary for our own legitimate interests where these interests are not outweighed by any prejudice to your rights and freedoms. We use this ground for:
a) Administering and managing your booking for one of our driving courses
b) Communicating with you in response to any query, request or complaint you may have
c) When we share your personal information with accommodation providers
8. How and when can you withdraw your consent?
As we explain above, much of what we do with your personal information is not based on your consent. Instead, it is based on other legal grounds. For processing that is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us using the details above.
9. Who do we share your personal information with?
We may share your personal information with:
- Third parties who provide accommodation facilities as part of our residential driving courses that we offer
- Other organisations and businesses who provide services to us such as back-up and server hosting providers, IT software and maintenance providers, document storage providers and suppliers of other back office functions
- Regulatory bodies such as the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) and Pearson VUE
10. Is your personal information transferred outside the European Economic Area?
We are based in the UK and your personal information is stored within the European Economic Area (EEA). We do not transfer your personal information outside the EEA other than in exceptional circumstances.
11. What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us without delay so that we can update our records. The contact details for this purpose are: Eddie Osei, West Wales School of Motoring, Alltgudd Fawr, Cwm Cou, Newcastle Emlyn, Ceredigion, SA38 9PH.
12. For how long is your personal information retained by us?
We will generally hold your information for seven years.
In some circumstances we may keep your information for longer than this, for instance where we are required by law to do so. We may also retain transactional history for statistical research and reporting reasons.
13. Your rights
Under data protection laws, you have the rights listed below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact Eddie Osei using the details above. We will aim to respond within one month. There is no fee for making a request. Please note that not all of these rights will apply to all of your personal information.
- The right to be informed – we have to be transparent with you about the processing that we do with your personal information
- The right to ask us to correct your personal information if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed. If we have disclosed the personal information in question to other organisations, we must inform them of the correction where possible
- The right to object to our processing of your personal information where it is based on our legitimate interests
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- The right ask us to have your personal information erased. This right is not absolute – it applies only in particular circumstances and, where it does not apply, we will tell you. We will not be able to comply if we are required to keep your personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation or to exercise or defend legal claims
- The right to request access to the personal information held about you. This is often described as a Subject Access Request
- The right to ask for your personal information in a reusable format (known as the right to data portability). This right only applies where personal information is being processed based on your consent or for performance of a contract and is carried out by automated means. This is separate to a Subject Access Request
If you are unhappy with the way that we are handling your personal information, please contact Eddie Osei, West Wales School of Motoring, Alltgudd Fawr, Cwm Cou, Newcastle Emlyn, Ceredigion, SA38 9PH in the first instance and we will try to resolve your complaint. However, you do also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which is the regulator for data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/