« « Avoid a ruck with a truck | Avoid breakdown blues » »

When to indicate

If you are planning to leave a motorway or dual carriageway look out for the display markers in the form of three dashes (300 yards) two dashes (200 yards and one dash (100 yards) from the exit junction. Remember, you must indicate at the 300-yard marker.

Alternatively, if you are planning to merge into a motorway or dual carriageway, you should indicate to the right approximately half way down the slip road as you build up speed and once merged with traffic on the carriageway, cancel your signal.